Trying to locate and use a mobile template
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.11.0 (Build 42743)
Platform Version
11.12.0 (Build 29969)

This stated out with me trying to add a 4 button tabbar at the bottom of all my screens. I was having problems but I decided I should make use of an existing mobile app template that would include not only the tab bar but other UI elements that I'll be needing to add later.  I found what looks to be the perfect template.  It's preview is at:

https://silkui.outsystems.com/PreviewInDevices/?IsMobilePreview=True&DeviceName=Smartphone&URL=/PhoneStyleGuide

Try as I might, I can't figure out how to acquire this template and then how to actually use it. In my attempts I downloaded: Field.Services.Mobile-1.0.4_O11.oap, OutSystems.UI.Mobile.Samples-2.0.1_O11.oml, OutSystems.UI.Templates.Mobile-1.3.20_O11.oap, OutSystems.UI-2.6.8_O11.oap

I didn't see anything that resembled what I need in any of those downloads.  I guess I would need a step by step guide to getting and using a template that includes the features I need (like the one I provided the link to above).  Actually i haven't been able to use any templates at all... somehow I'm missing a significant concept.  Anyway, any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  I've attached the screen shot of the webpage with the interactive preview of the template of my dreams :)

phonetemplate.jpg

Solution

Thanks.  But it turns out it's just the Mac version of service studio that is not behaving properly.  I got my hands on a pc and the problem goes away.

Hi Tom

Have you already checked this Video could help you to use Silk UI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34y4F49QP5o 

Thanks.  I did see that video.  The problem is that it is 4 years old and the flow seems to have changed when creating a new app.  Service Studio no longer presents the option to pick a template.  I'm sure there must be a way but I haven't found it yet.  BTW I'm using SS 11.7.4 on the Mac.

Solution

Thanks.  But it turns out it's just the Mac version of service studio that is not behaving properly.  I got my hands on a pc and the problem goes away.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.