Sending Outlook Invitation provide an incorrect timezone
Question

I tried to create an outlook invitation sending via email but it always have an incorrect time everytime I receive the invitation in my outlook. Below is the format

"BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 16.0 MIMEDIR//EN
VERSION:2.0
METHOD:REQUEST
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:China Standard Time
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:""
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
"+Attendee+"
CLASS:PUBLIC
CREATED:""
DESCRIPTION:Hello Participant\n\n
DTEND;TZID=""China Standard Time"":"+ "00Z"+"
DTSTART;TZID=""China Standard Time"": + "00Z"+"
ORGANIZER:
PRIORITY:5
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY;LANGUAGE=en-us:""
TRANSP:OPAQUE
UID:"+GenerateGUID.UIID+"
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INTENDEDSTATUS:BUSY
X-MICROSOFT-DISALLOW-COUNTER:FALSE
X-MS-OLK-APPTSEQTIME:" + "00Z"+"
X-MS-OLK-CONFTYPE:0
BEGIN:VALARM
TRIGGER:-PT15M
ACTION:DISPLAY
DESCRIPTION:Reminder
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
"

Hi Joseph

Can you please notice what time it sends in Outlook Invitation is that UTC? Please observe how much time difference it sends to you...

Also, help us to know how OutSystems is involved here? Are you sending invitation using some component or APIs... 

HI Manish,

Good day!

I used the built in sending of mail in web and attached the invitation as .ics file

Okay, thanks for the information. So, mostly the probability is it will work as per Server Timing (UTC) you are might getting wrong time because of that. 

Can you check your time difference with UTC and how much difference you receive in invitation?

hi Manish its 8 hours difference,, additional 8 hours from the scheduled invitation.

Okay. So, you will need to set the time with converting the time into your Time zone from the UTC and then send the invitation in Converted UTC Time. Here is one Component for the same: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/7174/client-side-datetime-conversion 

Hi Joseph,

Are you able to provide a copy of your application OML for further inspection?

Thanks and have a great day.

Kind regards,

Jack McMillan

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.