Different data types in input parameters Reactive Web Application
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Using reactive application I am unable to pass data through screens using input paramters. I have tried adding blocks and although you are able to, you still need to add the expression in the screen

Would be great if anyone knows a way around that,

Thanks

Hi Yats,

Can you please share more details? Since you have an input parameter at the level of the screen, you can pass data through it when you do the redirection in any place.

Regards,

Hasan

Yes thank you,

However I meant pass data with data types that are lists or record lists as input paratmeters 

Hi Yats,

In general cases, we should pass the identifier to the new screen and query the data again in the destination.

There is a workaround about this case, which is to write your object/list to the local storage using JS node in the source screen, then in the destination screen you read the data from the local storage. But I'm not sure if it's efficient operation.

Or if you want an existed component, you can use the following forge one to manage your local storage:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/6978/local-storage-reactive

Regards,

Hasan

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Yats,

Of course, it is possible to pass data to a screen using an input parameter, without it OutSystems would be way less useful.

For official documentation on how to do this, read this: Pass data between screens with input parameters.

The data types are limited to basic types (excluding binary) and identifiers.

Regards,

Daniel

I understand you can pass data through screens but in reactive web applications in OS you are unable to pass data types that are lists or record lists but you are able to do so in traditional web applications

mvp_badge
MVP

Correct, TWA is different than RWA.

Is there another way to pass data of lists or record lists between screens then using reactive web applications ?

mvp_badge
MVP

There are alternatives, but you should try not too. Either use local storage, or save your data on the server and pass the Id. You could consider translating the list to a json string.

Hey Yats

I have had an issue with transferring lists of data across the screen and blocks at times and at certain times it makes sense not to query the data again.

One approach you can use is to serialize the data and then pass it through to the block and deserialize the data in the web block to get the list back.

Since you have a list I am assuming you also have the structures that can help you out in this approach.

Do let me know if I missed anything and I will try to provide a tailored solution for your need.

Thanks

Just missed a point above that you should be using text as the data type for passing serialized data.

Thanks

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.