Dropdown choice to multiple variables

Hello everybody,

I have a dropdown which is a table from database. After the user selects a row I'm able to assign one variable = 1 column of the row selected. How can I assign the rest of the columns which belong to this row to other variables?

I thank you in advance.

Solution

Hi Gerantina,

If you want to assign the other values to local variables create an OnChange (for dropdown) event for the product that you are clicking on. Behind this action simply use an assign to assign the values from the table to var1, var2 and var3 etc. You would know the Id for the selected product from the value in the dropdown. Filter the table and assign the values.

Max

Hi Gerantina,

Can you elaborate your question, 

What I understood from your question is you want to assign the selected record from drop down to local variable?

Is that correct?

Kind Regards, 

Hi Komal,

Thanks for your reply. I have a dropdown of a similar table. And a user chooses lets say Product 1 and that I have already assigned to a variable ProcutVar. What I would like to do is then assign to other variables the other columns of this table. For this example I would assign Var1= Charateric 1, Var2 =Charateric 2, Var3= Charateric 3. 

Would look like this: for user choosing Product 1,  ProductVar= Product1, Var1= P1_C1, Var2= P1_C2, Var3= P1_C3. 

Solution

Hi Gerantina,

If you want to assign the other values to local variables create an OnChange (for dropdown) event for the product that you are clicking on. Behind this action simply use an assign to assign the values from the table to var1, var2 and var3 etc. You would know the Id for the selected product from the value in the dropdown. Filter the table and assign the values.

Max

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.