[OutSystems Charts] Researching OutSystems Charts (Reactive) - General usage questions
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.11.2 (Build 43110)
Platform Version
11.12.1 (Build 30218)

Hi,

I see that Outsystems Charts component uses the HighCharts product.

I am looking primarily at the chart types Column/Bar, Line, and Combination - dual axes line and column.

Does Outsystems support all the functionality that is display on the HighCharts demo web site?

Including the menu to View in full screen, Print, Download, and view data table?

Thanks for info

Solution

Hello @Brent Murphy 

indeed the OutSystems Chart component works on top of HighCharts, but please not it is not the latest version. The current version being used is 6.1.4.

It is possible to display the Column/Bar, Line, and Combination - dual axes line and column.  using the extensibility input parameter HighChartsJSON.

Just to be clear, are you referring to this chart:

https://www.highcharts.com/demo/combo-dual-axes

Bruno Martinho

Hi Bruno,

Yes, that is the website I was looking at for the charts and that is the dual combo chart to which I was referring.

I wonder if there is an easy way to know what charts are included in version 6.1.4? 

Thanks

Hello @Brent Murphy ,

we don't have a list of all the possible charts included in version 6.1.4, but there is a possibility to investigate this.

Check HighCharts change log and search for: 

added new series type

You can then understand in which version the chart has been introduced:

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.