[Camera Plugin] (Bug report) TakePicture returns a rotated image on Android
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Mobile

Hi all,

I noticed that the current version of Camera Plugin (v7.0.0), which implements #4.2.0-OS6 from the GitHub repo, has a bug on Android devices.

Upon calling TakePicture, the binary data returned is rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. Here are two screenshots comparing the image as though it appears in the camera preview, and how it displays the resulting image (which is then wrongly rotated) in an OutSystems mobile app.

I managed to replicate this issue using both a Xiaomi Mi A2 and a Samsung Galaxy S9+ (running Android 10).

This does not seem to occur when using an older version of Camera Plugin (v6.2.0), which implements #4.2.0-OS3 from the GitHub repo (instead of *-OS6). Here are two screenshots showing that it behaves correctly using this older plugin version.

Solution

Hello, 

We just confirmed the issue on the component and created a bug on our side to get it fixed as soon as possible on Camera Plugin 

Thanks Please let us know one this is resolved.

This also happened to me using an Android device.

Hi Nuno! Would it be possible for you to repeat the test using the older Camera Plugin v6.2.0 on that same Android device you used, just to confirm that the problem goes away?

Thanks!

if we use version 6.2.0 this issue does not exists their..so wondering when this issue will be resolved on the latest version?

Solution

Hello, 

We just confirmed the issue on the component and created a bug on our side to get it fixed as soon as possible on Camera Plugin 

Thanks Please let us know one this is resolved.

Is this issue solved? I am facing the same when I upgraded the camera plugin to v7.0.0

I am facing the same issue as soon as I upgraded to the latest version...

Hello, 

We published a new version 7.0.7 (under development) with this fix.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.