Print other screen without Navigating
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi Team,

I want to print Page 2 from the Page 1 button click, without navigating to the exact destination Page 2. 

Scenario 1 :

If I click the page 1 print button the page navigation will be moved to page 2 where Window. print() is defined in 

onReady event of the screen and the screen opens in Print format. But in the background, the page was navigated to the destination (page2).  when you click cancel on the print window, the Print tab is closed and, the user is visible to the destination page which should not happen. Any advice on this.!!

Scenario 2 :

is there any way that we can generate the PDF and open it in a new tab, so the print option can be enabled from there?

Thanks and Regards,

Saravanan Santhanam

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Saravanan,

For the mentioned use-case, I would suggest you to refer to this Forum Post: Print another screen without Navigating

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Ben,

Rendering in Iframe such a great idea, for this use case. Thanks, Ben.

mvp_badge
MVP

You're welcome, Saravanan. Glad to help you :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Saravanan S

I don't know what exactly you want to print, but one thing is certain, for a good impression, I believe that the best way would be the PDF, because you can pre-configure what will be printed and leave a more stylized "document"

In forge there are some components for PDF generation in React. Below are some components:

PDF Generator Web

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/7667/pdf-generator-web

Simple Reports Reactive

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/9869/simple-reports-reactive

Some of them can help you.

Best Regards,
Edson Marques

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Saravanan,

For the mentioned use-case, I would suggest you to refer to this Forum Post: Print another screen without Navigating

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Ben,

Rendering in Iframe such a great idea, for this use case. Thanks, Ben.

mvp_badge
MVP

You're welcome, Saravanan. Glad to help you :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.