There is a component that makes a printlayout in word like UltimatePDF with PDFs?
Question

Hello, we have to export a page to word. 

The truth is that we already have it ready because until now we exported to PDF with UltimatePDF and before starting to create a word, paragraph by paragraph I would like to know if there is any component with this functionality or similar, not only to save development time, if not also the subsequent maintenance.

Thanks

Hello @CrisSanz ,

I build a component that I have submited today on forge, that convert any content inside a container to word document (*.doc), see here: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/11022/html2doc

Also the demo here: https://personal-xchr.outsystemscloud.com/Html2Doc/Sample?_ts=637588339577967524

Hope it helps you.

Best Regards,

Nuno R

Hey Nuno, Great work in the component this will help the community a lot.

Hello @Vinayak Siddhiwal,

Thanks.

If you find something that I can improve on the component tell me.

Best Regards,

Nuno R

Hello CrisSanz, Try to implement with @Nuno Rodrigues 's component first. let me know if it's working or not or else we will try another approach.

Thanks, And Regards 

Thanks! It is not compatible with the Outsystem UI version of our factory, as we already had in mind to upgrade, as soon as we have it, try the component.

Thanks!

Hello @CrisSanz ,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you saw it working? Is doing what is supposed to do? If yes I dont know if is possible to change my OS UI version, but I can change it.

Best Regards,

Nuno R

No, I have not been able to test it because of the version, I will give you the ones we have in the factory

Hello @CrisSanz,

I have removed the dependencies from the component that you can install.

Hope it helps you.

Best Regards,

Nuno R

Thanks! It works even though I have several problems:

1. I cannot change the name with which the word generates me and download it as "jQuery-Word-Export"
  2. The word is generated with .doc and it would be convenient if it was .docx
  3. It does not take header or footer sections for the pages it generates
  4. The images are painted at 100% even if I put a width or heath by html or css

In any case, it has been a good approximation that I will continue to investigate, but for something official of the company, it is too basic, unfortunately.

Thank you very much, very much for your time

Hello @CrisSanz ,

Thanks for your reply.

The issues that you point are not "problems" they are "features" that I will implement, thanks for them.

Can you explain better the point 3.? 

I hope the new version can be used by you.

Best Regards,

Nuno R

Yes, sorry, they are features, not problems, as you indicated.

Point 3: In my case, I need to have a header and footer that is repeated on each page of the word, such as:

- Header: Company logo + company data

- Footer: Generation date + page number + free text

Hello @CrisSanz ,

I have made a change in the component that allow to add any name to the document.

Regarding having the new "features" 3, 4 and 5 I have try to do some research and it looks to be a challenge I will try to research, if I find some solutions I will tell you.

Best Regards,

Nuno R

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.