Unable to display data in table using fetch data from other sources server action
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.11.0 (Build 42742)
Platform Version
11.9.1 (Build 20359)

Hi all! I am a beginner. Integrating SAP BAPIs with outsystems. In the first image shown below, I have a screen name called SAP_READ_TABLE_FUNCTIONTEST. In that screen I am using a "GetContractNumber" server action which has Output_ContractNum as the output variable. The server action has logic behind it whereby I am using a SAP BAPI called BAPI_CONTRACT_GETdetail to get the data I need.

I created a table list in my screen and selected the output parameter as the source which has my data. I used the debugger and I saw that the data is being parsed correctly and this variable is actually getting the data I need, however, I am unable to display it in my table list.

I know that we would have to tell the app what fields to display and my second image shows the attribute that I want to display but I am unable to drag that to my table list. That attribute is in the structures of the BAPI that I am using. Is there something wrong I am doing here? My second image shows the data attribute that I am trying to drag to my table list.

Thanks in advance!

OutsystemsTabledataissue.zip

Solution

Hi Zeesan,

Please find attached the sample OML for how to bind the table list with fetch data from other data source. I have used User entity for sample.

Review this and let me know, if you need any other help.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

SampleTableListReactive.oml

Thanks Sachin! I figured it out. I did not tell my form what fields to display and once I chose the correct datatype for my output parameter and dragged the field I wanted to display, everything started working fine. Thanks for the help! 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Zeeshan,

It would have been easier to help, if you had shared your OML, instead of just a few screen prints.

There is no point in trying to drag & drop a structure to the form on your screen. A structure is just a complex data type. What you need to do is to use on your screen are the output parameters of the Fetch Data from another source. Make sure in the Fetch data from the other source that you assign the SAP BAPI output parameter values to the Fetch Data From Other Source output parameters.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniël Kuhlmann,

Sorry I did not know the best practices for asking questions in the forum. I will share my OML next time for further questions.

I had already assigned the SAP BAPI output parameter value to the Fetch data from other source output parameters. What I was experiencing here was just a display issue. I did not tell my form what fields to display and once I chose the correct datatype for my output parameter and dragged the field I wanted to display, everything started working fine. Thanks for the help!

Zeeshan

Solution

Hi Zeesan,

Please find attached the sample OML for how to bind the table list with fetch data from other data source. I have used User entity for sample.

Review this and let me know, if you need any other help.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

SampleTableListReactive.oml

Thanks Sachin! I figured it out. I did not tell my form what fields to display and once I chose the correct datatype for my output parameter and dragged the field I wanted to display, everything started working fine. Thanks for the help! 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.