[Input Masks Library] Widget disappears when choosing currency dynamically
Forge component by Labs
Application Type
Reactive

Hi everyone!

I’m trying to use the Input Masks Library's Currency input widget. But I want the user to select the currency first and only after choosing it, the input should be filled.
So, I want that the Currency Symbol shown in the input to be dynamic along the selected currency by the user.

But the result I am getting is when the user selects the Currency, the input field just disappears. More details attached below.

Before user selects the currency:

When the user selects the currency: 

Implementation:

You can replicate it at: https://edubaixo.outsystemscloud.com/AppDummy/VarCurrency

Do you have any idea what I’m doing wrong?
Thank you for your time :)

Solution

Hi,

This has been fixed in version 1.1.4.

Best regards,

Carlos Xavier

Thank you Carlos! Good job!

This one is posted on components support page as nobody is helping. Thank you for your support.

(I left the following message on the other post as well just in case you chose to only keep one of them)

Hi @edubaixo,

You are not doing anything wrong, or at least your idea makes a lot of sense. I do not use this component for any professional use, but playing around with it I can confirm your finding that dynamically binding the CurrencySymbol to a local variable causes the InputMask widget to be hidden.

How many currency types do you wish to switch between? If these are just a handful you could create separate InputMask widgets for each currency type. Hide them all at start and display only the widget that is associated to the currency type chosen by the user in the drop down.

Regards,

AJ

Solution

Hi,

This has been fixed in version 1.1.4.

Best regards,

Carlos Xavier

Thank you Carlos! Good job!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.