How to combine the data of multiple database cells to create a drop down selection.
Question
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.10.18 (Build 41212)

Hello, I would like to fill the content of a drop down selection with the data from the database. The content from several database cells per selection field should be used.

Example database
Name;DateOfBirth;
Hans;10/23/1980;
Peter;08/10/2005;
Laura;04/30/1977;

The selection fields in the drop down menu should now read as follows:
Hans (10/23/1977)
Peter (08/10/2005)
Laura (04/30/1977)

How can I combine information from multiple cells for a drop down menu in Outsystems?

Thanks for your help.
Michael

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello there Michael,

Hope you're doing well.

In your Aggregate, you can add a new attribute with your own expression:

So you will be able to create an expression for this attribute that returns the value that you pretend. In this expression, you can combine the value of several fields and work with them.

In your scenario, it should be something like (I'm assuming that Name and DateOfBirth are two different columns):

YourTable.Name + " (" + YourTable.DateOfBirth + ")"

By default, the name of this new column will be Attribute1, but you can change it to something else more suitable.

In my example, I will name it NewAttribute.

Back to the screen, you can use this NewAttribute from the Aggregate in your dropdown.

In order to do that, you should use Options Text property from your dropdown:

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello there Michael,

Did the information above serve for your purpose or do you still have additional questions?

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.