[Data Grid Reactive] Deserialize Data Grid Reactive
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Reactive

Hello, I am trying to deserialize the JSON from our data grid to assign to back to a structure (PhoneTest as shown below). All the attributes are "text" so they should map to the structure, but they are coming back empty. I have attached below the logic as well as the JSON.

Solution

Hello @Zach Geltmacher ,

I was looking at the initial post and I'm a little bit confused with what you are achieving. 

Are you trying to deserialize what you received from the server? 

This structure has the data and also the metadata that help the DataGrid to autogenerate columns, if no column is provided.

If you want to deserialize this, you can create a structure using the feature Create Structure from JSON.

Let me know if this is what you need.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Hello @Zach Geltmacher ,

When you are using the JSONDeserialize node, the Data Type selected is List of Phone (we are assuming that you structure is called Phone)?

Bruno Martinho

@Bruno Martinho I was just using it as a PhoneTest object, no list as shown below.

I will need to use it as a list eventually, but was just testing it. When I try to use it as a List of PhoneTest, I get this error. 

Solution

Hello @Zach Geltmacher ,

I was looking at the initial post and I'm a little bit confused with what you are achieving. 

Are you trying to deserialize what you received from the server? 

This structure has the data and also the metadata that help the DataGrid to autogenerate columns, if no column is provided.

If you want to deserialize this, you can create a structure using the feature Create Structure from JSON.

Let me know if this is what you need.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.