[File Plugin] How to access Download folder (Internal storage/Download/) using FilePlugin
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Mobile

Hi all, 

I am able to save the file into the internal storage, and opened the file using OpenDocument from FileViewerPlugin. After I saved the opened file into the Download folder, how can I access it again through GetFileUri? I tried to find a way to access the root folder to access the Download folder under (Internal storage/Download) storage but they don't work. Appreciate it if anyone can guide me through it. Thanks.
Attached is the client action to access the storage, need advice on the Path to access "Internal storage/Download":

Regards,

Kenny

Champion

Hello Kenny

You can achieve this by Adding the File Viewer Plugin to the application.

In this sample, you can find the demo of how it works.

Hello Manish,

I've tried the File Sample App, it seems like only shows the exposed API? I already had File Viewer Plugin installed, but from the OpenDocument action, we will need Uri to access the file. I tried to use the GetFileUri to provide the Uri as the input for OpenDocument but couldn't locate the Download folder under Internal Storage.

Regards,

Kenny

Champion

Are you sure about taking file uri from File Plugin's SaveFile action?

Hi Manish,

Sorry for the late reply. This is the way I open the file previously and it's working fine. It will open the document directly once the file is downloaded from the database.

Hi all, I've solved my issue. Can someone close this thread? Many thanks.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.