How to enable input field and check whether the newly entered value is different
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello All,

Currently have an idea of creating a form for users to submit and at the same time the approver has ability to return the form to users to update some of the fields.  Out of the fields opened for edit to users, system have to check which fields are opened for users based on Approver's decision, and also system have to check if users have updated values into any important fields. Do anyone have any idea on how to achieve similar scenario?

Champion
Solution

Sure @J u n i o r 

Please find the attached OML, Play with it and if seems it has solved the problem. Mark the post as solution. So, other members can follow the same with an verified acknowledgement from you :)  

FormControlUpdated.oml

Champion
Solution

Hey Junior 

I have updated the OML again and controlled the data differently for Approval and Users.

Check here: https://personal-9qwkrkgl.outsystemscloud.com/FormControl/Submission 

So, you will see two Tabs 

Submission: This is for Customers

Submission List: This is for Approvers  

Follow the Steps - 

1. Submit the data as Submission Tab
  2. Go To Submission List and See all the List, Choose one to Update
  3. Check the fields you want to update and Send to Customer for Update
  4. Jump to Submission Menu and you will see the Data you have to update, click on update and change the Values. 

I hope this will clear your doubts of using with Database. 

Champion

Hello Junior 

Objective I have understood from your post is to implement 4 items - 

1. A form with input elements to save the data by users.

2. Option on approver side to Enable / Disable form fields to control what could be updated. 

3. An updated conditional form to the users based on Approval's decision to update the data.

4. Compare the updated values with last summited data. 

Based on the same, I have prepared a Demo but in Reactive App. Please check - https://personal-9qwkrkgl.outsystemscloud.com/FormControl/

First you will fill the form, Second you will able to select which information you want allow to update, third you can update the allowed field only. 

You will control the field allowed to update or not by Checkbox

Please let me know if this solved your problem. So, I will share the OML and then you can build this in Traditional by referencing. 

@Manish Gupta 

Hi Manish, great thanks to your prompt reply. I have tried the Demo app and it works just like what I was trying to figure out! 

It would be great if you could share with me the OML so that I can develop by referencing it. Thank you.

Champion

Thanks for your confirmation. Please find the attached OML

FormControl.oml

@Manish Gupta Hi Manish, I realized I left out some points in the requirements earlier. 

The form will be entered with values by User and submit to Approver, at this stage the records are saved in database. Then, Approver goes and open the form submitted by User and choose to allow certain fields for edit and return it to User to edit. Lastly, User will open the returned form and edit only the fields enabled for edit by Approver earlier. 

Is there any way of controlling it through records? like database. Because it should actually separate sessions/screens between User and Approver.

Champion

Hello Junior 

The OML I have shared with you does this in the exact way you are looking for. Just I have added the Screens in flow to demo you. 

So, the Submission Screen will come first for the Users. 

Once the data is submitted, it is saving in Database. 

Then Approver Screen will have list of all data that approval will check and mark checkbox for the entry they wants allow to update.

Then 3rd Update Screen is again for the users to update data. 

You can use these screen according to your use case. The data is saving and updating in Database it self :)

I hope you can see the Aggregate in OML

Champion
Solution

Hey Junior 

I have updated the OML again and controlled the data differently for Approval and Users.

Check here: https://personal-9qwkrkgl.outsystemscloud.com/FormControl/Submission 

So, you will see two Tabs 

Submission: This is for Customers

Submission List: This is for Approvers  

Follow the Steps - 

1. Submit the data as Submission Tab
  2. Go To Submission List and See all the List, Choose one to Update
  3. Check the fields you want to update and Send to Customer for Update
  4. Jump to Submission Menu and you will see the Data you have to update, click on update and change the Values. 

I hope this will clear your doubts of using with Database. 

@Manish Gupta 

Hi Manish, okay noted on the workflow. Could you share the latest OML with me so that I can play with it ? Actually the idea was for both User and Approver should look at the same form rather than different forms. Great thanks!

Champion
Solution

Sure @J u n i o r 

Please find the attached OML, Play with it and if seems it has solved the problem. Mark the post as solution. So, other members can follow the same with an verified acknowledgement from you :)  

FormControlUpdated.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

I don't get one thing wasn't the solution asked to be it build as a traditional app. The given solution is reactive web.

Champion

Hello Daniel 

I absolutely agree with you regarding type of application but it was share with Junior already in first comment and I requested him to reference solution from there. I can share in Traditional too but Junior is happy with referencing from Reactive. 

So, the logic and functional solution is shared with Junior that needs to be created in Traditional.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.