BPT how to use public activities
Question

hi,

I set public = yes to [module expensesPortal].[Conditional Start/Human Activity/Wait].

In module TestProcess ,  I import the reference from [module expensesPortal].[Conditional Start/Human Activity/Wait].

In module TestProcess , I try to use [module expensesPortal].[Conditional Start/Human Activity/Wait], 

But I find I cant use them. Just like this image:

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi shake mountain,

Conditional start starts an alternative flow usually when an event occurs in an entity record (see more here), like on the image below where it would be triggered whenever an update occurs in the User record with the given UserId:

You can however trigger programatically the Conditional Start by using the StartConditionalStart action in a server action, on an automatic activity or in an event of a human activity, like on the example below where I trigger the conditional start on a server action:

Kind Regards,
João

Yes, I get it.
Thank you.

Hi shake mountain,

If you want use conditional start of other process you need to call start Activity of conditional start in callback actions or in Automatic Activity .

Yes, I get it.
Thank you.

Solution

Hi shake,

If I understand your problem correctly, it should work by dragging the Start CancelExpenseReport action (the orange node that appears in the tree instead of the green one). Also note that you will probably only be able to do this inside an Automatic Activity’s Process Flow instead of the process flow directly.

Therefore, in your Process1 flow, you would have to do the following:

1. Drag and drop an Automatic Activity to the flow.

2. Double click the Automatic Activity node and drop the Start CancelExpenseReport action inside the flow.

The following articles might also be useful: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Use_Processes_(BPT)/Use_Process_Extended_Actions/Start_Conditional_Start_Action

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Processes/Process_Tools/Conditional_Start

Let me know if that helps.

Yes, I get it.
Thank you.

Hi shake mountain,

If you want use conditional start of other process you need to call start Activity of conditional start in callback actions or in Automatic Activity .

Yes, I get it.
Thank you.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi shake mountain,

Conditional start starts an alternative flow usually when an event occurs in an entity record (see more here), like on the image below where it would be triggered whenever an update occurs in the User record with the given UserId:

You can however trigger programatically the Conditional Start by using the StartConditionalStart action in a server action, on an automatic activity or in an event of a human activity, like on the example below where I trigger the conditional start on a server action:

Kind Regards,
João

Yes, I get it.
Thank you.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.