Tabbing without refresh

Tabbing without refresh

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to change the tabs on the RichWidgets\Tabs_ClientSide without a complete page refresh without success. Refreshing the Tabs_Wrapper and specific conteiners doesn't work. Putting the Tabs_Wrapper inside a container that is refresh also doesn't work. Refreshing the whole page works as intended, but I wanted to do it without a complete page refresh. Have any of you guys done that?

thx!!!

[Edit: fixed text formatting - by Paulo Tavares]
the text got weird :(

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to change the tabs on the RichWidgets\Tabs_ClientSide without a complete page refresh without success. Refreshing the Tabs_Wrapper and specific conteiners doesn't work. Putting the Tabs_Wrapper inside a container that is refresh also doesn't work. Refreshing the whole page works as intended, but I wanted to do it without a complete page refresh. Have any of you guys done that?

thx!!!
Hi José,

What if you set the InitialActiveTab to a variable, and then in the action that you're using to refresh the Tabs, try changing the variable value, and refresh the entire tabs section? Does it work?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
I tried that. And even juggled with the RememberActiveTab setting with no success.

I inspected the resulting html and the javascript variable always comes back as not being changed. It's always empty and not filled with the desired tab name or index
Well, there's 2 other suggestions then:

1 - Use the Tabs_ClientSide_SetNextActiveTab action and set it to the one you want;
2 - Use the RunJavascript action (from HTTPRequestHandler), and activate the tab by JavaScript (you might need also to use the other actions to get the actual javascript for selecting the right tab).

Would these work?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Oh!

Ok, now it works :D

Thx Paulo

I made an extended property with an onclick and "Tabs_ClientSide_GetJavaScriptToActivateTab(TabsWidget.Id,"Requirements")" on the value and it works.