[Html2PdfConverter] Is this possible to work on pages made with reactive?
Forge component by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes

Hi,

I know the it states it's for traditional web, but even when I pass a URL of a page mage with reactive web I get an empty pdf, is it the reason why?

Solution

Hi Abeer,

The external toolkit used to render the html pages to pdf has some limitations to run with reactive. In fact, the render works as a print of your page into the pdf file. In traditional, the page is only available after the preparation had done. So, you can render a good pdf. But in reactive the page is available as soon as the dom has been loaded. The toolkit receive the ok from the browser to "print" the pdf, but the data is not available yet.

This is te reason we don´t have 100% fiable pdf renders in reactive yet. I am sure there are a lot of devs trying to solve this issue.

best regards

Fabio   

Thanks for reply, it make sense!

Hi Abeer,

probably is.

You have this component built for Reactive:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/9873/reactive-html2pdf-js

Regards

thanks for your reply, i went for traditional web as this component gives me the best option

Solution

Hi Abeer,

The external toolkit used to render the html pages to pdf has some limitations to run with reactive. In fact, the render works as a print of your page into the pdf file. In traditional, the page is only available after the preparation had done. So, you can render a good pdf. But in reactive the page is available as soon as the dom has been loaded. The toolkit receive the ok from the browser to "print" the pdf, but the data is not available yet.

This is te reason we don´t have 100% fiable pdf renders in reactive yet. I am sure there are a lot of devs trying to solve this issue.

best regards

Fabio   

Thanks for reply, it make sense!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.