[Bug?] Changing between tabs no longer changes the tab's content

Hi,

I noticed this weird behaviour on my mobile app on the new Tabs in the Outsystems UI. For example, changing from Tab 1 to Tab 2 no longer displays the content that was supposed to belong to Tab 2. It still shows Tab 1's content.

This problem wasn't there on the old DEPRECATED_Tabs.

Kindly refer to the recorded video from the link (I can't seem to insert it via the Insert Video function, either by URL or embedded code):

https://streamable.com/e/deolu6

Is this a bug?

Thank you.

Solution

Finally I found out the culprit.

One that doesn't work is using OSUIMobilePhone as base theme. The one that works used OutsystemsUI as base theme. Do take note that both are mobile apps (not reactive app).

Changing the base theme from OSUIMobilePhone to OutsystemsUI solved the problem.

Is there a way so that the Tabs can work on OSUIMobilePhone theme? Changing the base theme messes up with my mobile app layout so that'll be my final option.

I will try on my side,

but that is not good behavior and needs to be reported.

You can report on the OutSystems UI, I will leave a message anyways.

Regards,

Márcio

Thanks for the suggestion. Will lodge a report

Hi NDP,

can you share an oml reproducing the problem you observe.

Dorine

Hi Dorine,

I uploaded the video to explain on the problem here:

ok, yes i observe it doesn't seem to work.  

So if you share the oml, we can see what exactly you are doing.

It's weird in the sense that when I created a new mobile app just to test the tab, they worked.

TabsTest.oml

Same code, but works on one but not on the other. What could possibly be the problem?

As if the other one (that failed to work) is still using the DEPRECATED_Tabs, if I were to recall its layout

I already had the same "problem" in the past maybe the reason is that you don't have the same quantity of headers and contents in your tabs component on your screen. Can you check if you have the same number of tabs header and the same number of tabs content?

Best regards,

Márcio

Hi Marcio,

I have the same number of headers and contents.

I uploaded the video of the problem here:

The OML you shared, its working, weird

Do what i said in the last reply

Check for references and refresh, check also if you need to update the OutSystems UI, and lets see if that works

Yeap, it works when I created a new mobile app just to test on the tabs. Weird though

Nice, weird, but nice that is solved :D

Same code, but didn't work on the other mobile app.

What could be the problem though

I don't know, did you had the same content for each tab? Not a good question, but that sometimes happens

:)

I copied the entire working screen and paste into another app

One thing I did notice though that the tab layout looks different although they share the same code (using the same new Tabs pattern)

Did you have references to be updated on the one that doesn't work?

Did you add custom CSS to the tabs?

Check the references, please

References are up-to-date. Very strange. The layout did look like the DEPRECATED_Tabs (the old ones). And no custom CSS used on the tabs.

Solution

Finally I found out the culprit.

One that doesn't work is using OSUIMobilePhone as base theme. The one that works used OutsystemsUI as base theme. Do take note that both are mobile apps (not reactive app).

Changing the base theme from OSUIMobilePhone to OutsystemsUI solved the problem.

Is there a way so that the Tabs can work on OSUIMobilePhone theme? Changing the base theme messes up with my mobile app layout so that'll be my final option.

I will try on my side,

but that is not good behavior and needs to be reported.

You can report on the OutSystems UI, I will leave a message anyways.

Regards,

Márcio

Thanks for the suggestion. Will lodge a report

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.