Flash content in OutSystems Web Pages

Flash content in OutSystems Web Pages

Hi,

I will share with you an issue that i'm facing right now and I hope that you could help me solve it:

I want to load flash content in some of my web pages... I've already read some posts in the forum about this and basically i'm using an expression whose content is simillar to the following code:

"<object height='210' width='520' id='FLASH_AD' classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000'>
<param value='"+ CONTENT +"' name='movie'>
<param value='high' name='quality'>
<param value='#' name='bgcolor'>
<param value='transparent' name='wmode'>
<embed height='210' width='520' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' bgcolor='#' swliveconnect='TRUE' wmode='transparent'
quality='high' src='"+ CONTENT +"'>
</object>" 

If i replace CONTENT with an explicit URL that links to a flash file, then the page loads the flash content correctly and it all works fine. The problem is that my flash contents are stored in the database and i want to load them dinamically in my pages... I've tried to replace CONTENT with sometinhg that links to a web page that simply does the download of the flash resource in it's preparation but it is not working :s If i write that URL directly in the browser, it goes to that page and prompts me to download the .swf file...

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
José Pereira   
Hi José,

Could it be that the Download node is set to "Save to Disk"? And are you using the correct mime-type for streaming Flash files?

If this doesn't work, we'll have to figure out some workarounds...

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi José, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

Thats a strange behaviour indeed. Can you check there are any erros generated when the page loads, through Firebug (Firefox Extension) or from Chrome Dev Tools by right click and inspect.

and check if there are something like this: 

let us know about it.

regards,
Miguel Antunes
Hello Paulo,

Thanks for your quick answer... I was just posting an answer to my own question right now :)

Yes, it was that property of the download... It has to be set to No and on my first approach I've tried with it set to Yes.

Best regards,
José Pereira
Hi,

could you please be more specific concerning  "I've tried to replace CONTENT with sometinhg that links to a web page that simply does the download of the flash resource in it's preparation"?

Thanks to all.