User Movie Rating functionality in Reactive web (OSMDB Modules)
Application Type
Reactive

Hi All,

I am doing OSMDB module in Reactive web. So for Movie user rating , Star Icon is displaying numbers in exponential place and after giving rating stars are not filled , instead they are just showing empty , but the count is working fine for number of times the rating has been given. Please help me if anyone is having idea about user rating in OSMDB modules done in Reactive web . Check the image I have uploaded for reference

reactiverating.jpeg

Solution

I think you are not using on parameter change event in stardesplay block.

1. When you will click on start icon, it will call an event.

2. On Parent to receive this event you have to create an action.

3.  In action UpdateStarEvent Need to call Data Action 'ActGetUserMovieRating' where you will have to set the local variable with actual value after saving the latest rating.

Now on Block these ActGetUserMovieRating data action used as an input variable for the block. In StarDisplay Block, you have to create OnParameterchange Action to update the list for the star when ever changed the value from data action ActGetUserMovieRating. 

I hope it would help you to solve now your problem. If you get cleared your issue then please mark this post as solved and like my all comments. It Would help others when they will find such type of issue.

Happy Low coding.

Amit Jain

Everything is working fine except , average rating is also allowing for clickable and it is taking as a user rating . I tried giving the read only as true for that average rating , but still it is in editable only

Solution

Hi Bhavishya Venna

If you are looking for this 

then my solution can work for you. Please check the attached OML. 

Happy Low Coding.

Amit Jain

OSMDbDemo.oap

Is this solution helpful for you?

Hi Amit, 

The process is very clear and thank you so much for that. But for the star icon after giving rating it is not getting refreshed , after I reload the page only , it is getting updated. And Average rating is also enabled after setting its property to read only. please help me with that

Solution

I think you are not using on parameter change event in stardesplay block.

1. When you will click on start icon, it will call an event.

2. On Parent to receive this event you have to create an action.

3.  In action UpdateStarEvent Need to call Data Action 'ActGetUserMovieRating' where you will have to set the local variable with actual value after saving the latest rating.

Now on Block these ActGetUserMovieRating data action used as an input variable for the block. In StarDisplay Block, you have to create OnParameterchange Action to update the list for the star when ever changed the value from data action ActGetUserMovieRating. 

I hope it would help you to solve now your problem. If you get cleared your issue then please mark this post as solved and like my all comments. It Would help others when they will find such type of issue.

Happy Low coding.

Amit Jain

Everything is working fine except , average rating is also allowing for clickable and it is taking as a user rating . I tried giving the read only as true for that average rating , but still it is in editable only

Hi Bhavishya,

The link associated with the filled and hollowed star in the block, has the 'AllowClicking' input parameter assigned to their respective 'Enabled' property. Check for both filled and hollowed(empty) star. You might have done this for the filled one but might have missed for the hollowed one.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.