[Data Grid Web] Sort columns and move rows
data-grid
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello everyone,

I need this tool to allow first ordering certain columns and then allowing to move some lines. With the tests I've done, moving rows is no longer allowed from the moment I sort a column.

Can you give me any solution to this problem?

Thanks

Hi Joana,

I am trying to understand your problem. Can you please elaborate with some snapshots?

Hi Amit,

Let me give you an example.

I have this table and sorted by Vasilha, Lote, Stock and Preço:

However, for my analysis, after sorting, I want to move lines 1,2,3 and 4 to the end of the list, without changing the order of the remaining lines:

With sorting active, the Move Down button does not work. I'm using MoveRowDownButton.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Joana

Hello @Joana Martins,

We are going to try to understand if it is possible to achieve the desired behavior, but there is something that I'm not understanding, if you have columns sorted, moving columns manually won't this "break" the sorted rules?

Trying to understand the use case, so better advise for a possible solution.

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho 

Hello Bruno,

This component is used to help winemakers create batches of wine.

In the table I showed above, they put the candidate wines for a batch and the reference wines. Then they sort by age and a few more parameters to help with batch simulation. However, to organize the tasting room they then separate the candidate wines (up) from the reference wines (down) and that is why they need to be able to change the location of some lines.

Note: they don't have any columns to help sort by candidate wines and reference wines, so it has to be done manually by moving the rows.

I don't know if I made myself understood.

Thanks,

Joana

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.