How to set Values to a Text Inputs of parent page from a popup window Record.

How to set Values to a Text Inputs of parent page from a popup window Record.

HI All,

I have a page with Store Details and Address fields should be filled from a Address selection Popup.
Store and Address are two entities.

Please suggest how do I achive this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rams.
Hi ramsbonthu, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

Without having the context, there are some considerations you should make in regards to the interface, namely having a popup to select addresses.

However, if you want to do it, you can create a popup with a Table Records and all addresses, and have a button/link on each line stating that that's the one you want to select.

If you want to delve into that, and since from your User Profile you don't have any certifications whatsoever, I thoroughly recommend you go through the free online training before actually trying to do that, since it explains how to manipulate the data, and the JavaScript and AJAX courses on the Devleoper Course 2 shows how to create a popup window. It takes a couple of hours to do that, but it will help you understand better how to work with the Agile Platform.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

I used a popup to list Addresses and a radio to select a record.

after returning the values how can I assign those values to input text?

I failed to find out how to assign a value to a input text.

Please sugggest.

Regards,
Rams.
Hi Ramsbonthu,

For you to use the values in the inputs after returning them, what you should do is you must select an Action as destination for the "OnNotify" property of the Popup_Editor widget, and in that action you should update the Input's text, as well as Refresh the widgets - probably using Ajax.

Read more about it in our Ajax Help file as well as the Notify Widget action help file.

For this to work, your popup should be a web block, since the Notify Widget action can only be used in a Web Block's action.

I'm sure this is a lot of information at once, but feel free to let us know how it goes, and should you need any further help! :)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

Thank you for the help.

I found the solution. I am using Prompt and assigning values to text input which results in unexpected behaviour.

now I am able to set values to text Input.

Once again Thank you.

Regards,
Rams.
Hi Ramsbonthu,

Thanks a lot for the feedback - we're glad to know you're progressing.

Feel free to keep us updated on how you're doing, and what other issues you run into - we're here to help!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares