how to know about input validations flow which we set to client side ?

just wanted to know about input validation flow.. How it works...anyone please clarify... because here we set logic in flow which is quite difficult to understand for new joiners.

Please elaborate with one example.

Hello ajit,

I got batch as mark as solution for this question but i think you have some doubt so you unmark this solution any doubt ? 

feel free if there is any.

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

hi,

Many thanks akshay.

Hi Ajit,

you can refer it 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Forms/Validate_the_fields_of_a_form

it would help you th get clarity about Validation flow.

Amit Jain

Hello ajit,

Client side validation means u will suppose it is validation on screen side if its right than pass to server and save the data and it is set on screen action as well as on client action

for example I have attached one screen shot 

if you saw there is one set validation assign and I simply check the input that pass is greater than 18 or not 

and there is validation message which is show when the field is not validate 

if 

age >18 ,valid, work properly,pass to server

Age<18,not valid, give a error,end show error

so if one the client side you check such condition and if its not valid then no need to call server so it will be check first and then pass valid data to the server

take a look on below screen shot of valid and not valid situation

Thanks and regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Hello ajit,

I got batch as mark as solution for this question but i think you have some doubt so you unmark this solution any doubt ? 

feel free if there is any.

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

hi,

Many thanks akshay.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.