[CKEditor] Save user's input in Word format in the database
Question
Forge component by Matthias Preuter

Greetings,

Here is what I want to achieve: User writes in input box (rich text editor), user clicks "save" button, user's work gets saved in Word format in the database.

I understand that CKEditor has "export to Word" feature. But it seems that it merely saves user's work to his computer.

1. Is what I want to achieve possible?
  2. Must I pay for the "export to Word" feature?

Thanks and have a nice day.

Word allows you to create forms into which users can enter data. Exactly how you create forms has been covered in other issues of WordTips. When users are done filling in the form, they typically save the form as a regular Word document.

If you want to later use the form data in a database, you may find this tip helpful. Follow these steps:

1. Open the form document saved by a user.
  2. Display the Word Options dialog box. (In Word 2007 click the Office button and then click Word Options. In Word 2010 and later versions, click the File tab of the ribbon and then click Options.)
  3. Click Advanced at the left of the dialog box.
  4. Scroll through the options until you see the Preserve Fidelity when Sharing this Document section.
    1. Make sure the Save Form Data as Delimited Text File check box is selected.
    2. Click on OK to dismiss the dialog box.
  5. Now, when you go to save the document, Word presents you with the Save As dialog box, and the TXT file format is selected. Once you supply a file name and click on OK, Word extracts the form data the user typed in the document and saves it, in a comma-delimited format, in the TXT file. You can then use that TXT file to import the form values to a database program.

Thanks Devin!

Are you talking about CKEditor though?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.