[Data Grid Web] Data Grid - Saved Configurations Being Reset Without Manual Reset
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello,

I had a user let me know that on one of our screens that uses the Data Grid his saved configurations for the Data Grid has been reset back to the default. We don't have the reset configuration button in our application, so the user wouldn't have been able to reset the configuration on their own.

I am wondering at what point in time do the Saved configurations for the Data Grid get reset automatically? When publishing the module? When changing the specific screen that contains the data grid? 

I am thinking it is whenever the screen the Data Grid is on is changed, because he believed his configurations had been saved for this screen for multiple weeks (we push to production every week).

Thanks

I am also facing the same problem, configuration save is enabled, but it is reset each time I publish. I changed the Request saved with WB ID to a fixed name, but I'm still frustrated that I can't use the default settings of deleted Attribute and added Attribute.

Hello to all.

The current way that save configuration is working is based on the following attributes:

The UserId isn't suppose to change, unless the user is deleted and recreated in the Users application (if using the Users provider)

The ScreenId is a GUID that identifies the Screen so it is no supposed to change

The EspaceId is a GUID that identifies the Module so it is no supposed to change

The GridId is the DOM element Id where the Grid is rendered. This one can change if the structure of the page is changed.

@Clayton Heick can you check if there was any change in the screen structure? Adding containers around with Name property filled?

@John Morgan can you explain a little bit more how did you changed the Request saved with WB ID to a fixed name, and what do you mean with "I can't use the default settings of deleted Attribute and added Attribute."

Thanks to both,

Bruno Martinho

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.