Restrict access to internal network
Application Type
Traditional Web
Platform Version
11.12.2 (Build 30755)

Hi, i have on premise outsystems behind a proxy and i would like to restrict some screen for internal network access only. I do not want to use the service center internal network address or selected deployment zones as it may have some unknown impact. 

If it is okay, i wish to implement at the screen preparation level. Is there any server action function that can return the user internal network address and i can implement manual regex checking?

I have tried to use getIP function and use regex to filter some ip addrress range but the getip function always return the proxy ip address and not the user ip address.

I have also tried to use ipify 3rd party api but it is connection timeout. I think it is blocked by the network team.

Many thanks for the help

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ronny,

You can try the suggestions from this forum posts:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/35564/client-ip-when-using-reverse-proxy/

Champion

Thanks I tried this and tested the "X-Forwarded-For" value is empty. Not sure whether there is any way

Champion

Hi, anyone can help on this?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.