How to programmatically check readiness of new front-end server?

How can I tell, programmatically, when a front-end server has finished receiving all the applications that it's supposed to have?

Context:
We currently have two front-end servers in a VM scale set. We're working on automatically adding more instances to this scale set as needed. One part of this is deciding when the new instance should be taken into rotation: the new front-end server is only ready for traffic after it has gotten all of our applications deployed to it. Determining when this is is non-trivial, especially since it should happen fully automatically.

What I've tried:

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Oscar,

Did you also read Detecting OutSystems server/app availability?

Regards,

Daniel

I have, yes.

Are you suggesting that I could check the deployment process readiness using such a custom webscreen? If so, that'd definitely solve the problem. Any tips on how such a webscreen would do that?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Oscar, now I read again your question, I don't think what I provided will help you.
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/LifeTime_SDK#Structure_EnvironmentInfo

Returns environment information also number of front-ends, but still not a status if the FE is up and running.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

It seems that the link Daniel shared is not right so just sharing the correct one here.

mvp_badge
MVP

Thanks Nuno, corrected, copy/past still a difficult task for me

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.