outsystem validation

Hi,

Can anyone please explain server side validation in reactive web app,

As client side validations built in exist.(Form Validations)

Also please explain site properties where it will be stored

Champion
Solution

Hi, ujwwala 

For reactive app, in my case, i use server side validation to do checking permissions on actions to check if a user has the role to perform entities actions. 

We set the entity expose to read only to protect the data from being written directly in the consumer module. This is to ensure the data integrity committed into the database is validated at the server side. We only allows the application to commit the data via a server action.

Hope this helps.

Hi, ujwwala

As per my understanding, reactive Forms and widgets work on the client-side so it has built-in validation for the client level. When we are using Server action we can write our custom validations to build our logic. 

Site Properties are stored in our OS system tables,

to know much  more about site properties refer this link 

https://itnext.io/how-site-properties-work-on-outsystems-8288cde70963

Regards,

Saravanan Santhanam

Champion
Solution

Hi, ujwwala 

For reactive app, in my case, i use server side validation to do checking permissions on actions to check if a user has the role to perform entities actions. 

We set the entity expose to read only to protect the data from being written directly in the consumer module. This is to ensure the data integrity committed into the database is validated at the server side. We only allows the application to commit the data via a server action.

Hope this helps.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.