Adjust Area Chart Label X-Axis
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi! Is it possible to adjust the dates in the Area Chart? For example, for the whole month of July.

Even if there is  no data available for certain dates.

I hope I explained it well.

Thank you!

Hello Ross, 

I had also go through one requirement like this so i did some customization in logic and achieve that requirement.

If this work for you than I have OML for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Chart.oml

Hi Akshay!

Thank you for this but I think this only works with fixed number of points? I have variable number of points. or there is some way to implement this?

Thanks.

Hello Ross

it's not work only for fix points. I have just add dummy list you pass your original point list for achieve that.

If you go through oml correctly there is two list 1)your points 2) whole month points 

If you got 11 points in your list 

Then I just check that with month points if I have found some data then I have passed directly else I pass 0 value.

So in your scenario if you have 11 point then rest 20 points value it will pass 0.

This way you will achieve that requirement. Because I am using same scenario in one of my project.

Thanks and regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Hi Akshay,

What you are doing is assuming that on days without data, the value was zero, I think what Ross Ann means is that on those days the value is unknown (so no necessarily zero), and so the day should appear on the x-axis without a datapoint against it.

Dorine

Yes, I am Agree with you dorine, but I didn't find the way so i customized like that and its work for me 

Hi Ross Ann,

The Outsystems charts are implemented with the highcharts javascript library.  Highcharts (and sometimes Outsystems) does a lot of deciding on itself what to show when it comes to axis ticks and so on.  

But you can tell it what you want by using the advanced format features of the outsystems chart widget.

Your best place to start exploring this is the highcharts api documentation

It will usually take some trial and error to get the results you want, but for example for your above problem, I had a try in a traditional web application (as you added that tag to this post) and you could make use of tickinterval and min and max values on your x-Axis.

see attached oml.

One of the counter-intuitive things I noticed, is that apparently months start counting from 0 instead of 1. So June is 5, not 6.

And of course, you will have to build up the exact value for the HighchartsJSON string in some logic, using the start and end date that fits your requirements, and then pass the result text of that logic to the HighchartsJSON parameter of the chart, instead of hardcoding it like i did in this test.

Dorine

QDTAllDaysOfMonth.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.