standalone server

standalone server

hi!

is it possible to host website created with your app at any hosting i choose (local collocation in my country, for example)? how much will i have to pay for your software to create site which will be available all over the world and in future will be visited by many people?

because all i understand today from your prices, that i will have to pay you every month for my future site and payment will grow up with number of visitors i will have... is it true or you have some other prices for your tool if i do not need cloud hosting?

thanx
Hello livesey

" is it possible to host website created with your app at any hosting i choose (local collocation in my country, for example)?"

Yes, you can host outsystems on your own dedicated servers.

" how much will i have to pay for your software to create site which will be available all over the world and in future will be visited by many people?""

Unlimited number of users can visit your website without charge from outsystems,  however you will need to pay for registered users.

"  is it true or you have some other prices for your tool if i do not need cloud hosting?"

Do you mean development without cloud hosting? If so you can install outsystems on your own server without running it in the cloud, in order to do this, you will need to download and install the full version, which is available via http://www.outsystems.com/download/full/

In regards to pricing, it would be best to contact outsystems directly http://www.outsystems.com/askoutsystems

"however you will need to pay for registered users."

ok. than as i can understand, there are to main factors - registered users and Software Units to understand the price of future web app

first one - is clear enough but second one - is difficult to

for example, i will begin to develop using community edition and some day system will say to me (not literally): all you already done - is good but you will finish developing only if you will pay something because you've used all free Software Units (30000). because for today i do not know how much units i need (how big my app will be). is it so?

about registered users: if i will develop the app, than i will use function "download sources" from service center and host it on my server, in this case will i have to pay for registered users to? in sources some code will count my registered users and will not allow to register no one more until i will pay?

say, please, i misunderstood, because your app is really great but if your price politics is really like i figured, unfortunately i will have to find another development tool without monthly payments after developing finished and without registered users constrains.
Hi livesey, welcome to the OutSystems community forums and thank you very much for your interest on the Agile Platform!

Indeed, Robert explained you the right proceedings regarding our prices and politics. Let me go a bit deeper into it, as much as I know.

Regarding Software Units, while you are correct in saying that you do not know at this moment how many SUs your application will take, you can always monitor it in Service Center as you develop. I recommend you read our topics on Software Units, where the last post contains the SU table for 5.1.

Regarding the detach source code option, that is not meant to be used that way. The OutSystems Agile Platform user agreement states that one can only run and deploy detached applications for production purposes if he has been a paying customer in the past. This allows prospects who are evaluating the platform to test the detach functionality, but it is not meant to be used as a code generator - because that is not what the Agile Platform is all about.

I hope this makes it clearer. However, I shall take Robert's suggestion as well, and if you still have further questions regarding this subject, I encourage you to contact outsystems directly at http://www.outsystems.com/askoutsystems.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares