I want to allow students to create an account for themselves and login with username
Question
Service Studio Version
11.11.9 (Build 46093)

I want to create a Reactive web app for College Admission and want to give permission to students that come to the app and create an account for themselves and after that they could login by user name and password.

Hello Neeraj,

The process of allowing self registration  is quite easy. There is one forge component which will guide you how to create self-registration process for new users in reactive web applications.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/10209/user-registration-flow-reactive

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Pavan Rajapurkar

Thanks a lot, Sir. You explained me very well and clear my all doubts.

Hello Neeraj,

Any update on this? Have you got your Solution?

Regards,

Pavan Rajapurkar

Thank you Sir. Please Sir, I need your help because I couldn't understand VerifyAndRegisterUser server action. Please Sir, Let me understand that Actually what is the use of UserNameFree and EmailFree and User2 local variables. I shall be highly thankful to you.

Hello Neeraj,

1) VerifyAndRegisterUser server action is used to verify the newly creating user already exist in the system or not if not then this action is creating  the new  user.

2) whatever values we are getting in an Input parameter called User, we are storing it in a local variable called User2 and then filtering the local variable values with the aggregate values to check if the same Username or EmailId already exist in the entity or not. 

3) The above aggregates empty property   is assigned to a boolean variables called UsernameFree and EmailFree. If the aggregate is not empty if it contains the same username or Email address then it will throw the error message saying that "This username  or Email already in use".

Suggestion: If still its difficult for you to understand the UsernameFree and EmailFree and If you don't want to use UsernameFree or EmailFree you can directly check it in IF condition whether the Aggregate is empty or not, if aggregate is not empty  then assign an error message saying "Username already in use" Same for the Email.

Regards,

Pavan Rajapurkar

Thank You Sir, You defined very well. I have understood about UserNameFree and EmailFree. But I have a short query about User2. If we don't take User2 local variable then what will happen? Will it not work? When I give input to User Input Parameter, it also save data in User variable then why we should store User Data in to User2 Local variable?

Hello Neeraj,

You can also use the input parameter directly in place of local variable User2 it will work. Basically it depends on the scenario you face  lets say you are getting the address or some data in the type of text  so its always a best practice to save trimmed( Using trim() function) and necessary data in to a local variable and then pass that to the  create or update action.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.