Quote/Order Configurator  -  Character Counter

Quote/Order Configurator  -  Character Counter

Hello Forum,
My name is Mike and I was wandering if someone could help answer two questions. I am extremly new so please forgive me. I feel like I have a lot to learn and want to spend my time learning something that will actually do what I need.

Question 1.
Will Outsystems allow me to build a quoting system for custom products. I would like to be able to walk through a series of questions like (Size?, Color?, Power Supply, Indoor or Outdoor, etc.) The end result would be a line item on a quote or order form that had all the custom options that I just selected listed in the description field and each question would add a dollar amount to the base product.  I have seen this done on many websites recently and think it would work very well for my type of products.  Can someone point me in the right direction to learn how to accomplish this?

Question 2.
Does Outsystems have the ability to take an empty text field, allow the customer to type a couple of words in it, then place the number of upper and lower case characters of that field into another field, say a Quantity field in a Quote Table? "As if the customer was going to order wooden letters and numbers"  NUM CHAR, COUNT or LENGTH?

Thank You so much for any help that you could give.
Mike
Answer one
It can be done, you just have to remind, that it all depends on the business logic you would like to implement, for example I believe is you create an entitie for each of this parameters and the create another entitie that relates them and add an atribute like product description and price, after the questions have beign made you simpley query from that entitu the ones that match your criteria

Second answer
It can be done, if you want you can do that part in the integration studio and simply call it from Service studio, that way you can do what ever you want from the data once its beign retrieved,

Hope it helps you
Hi Mike, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

Indeed, as Roberto stated, all that you mentioned can be done. You can do it yourself, or you can have someone do it for you, depending on what you're trying to achieve.

If you want to do it by yourself, I strongly encourage you to download the free Agile Platform Community Edition, and try it out. After that, and after doing a couple of tutorials, we do have our free online training that should show you around and teach you the basics.

After that - and during that as well - there's the community forums, where you'll find many people that are here to help you along the way.

Let us know how everything goes.

Regards, and have a great time with us!

Paulo Tavares