Email wont send to BCC
Question

Anybody knows what can I do if ever my sent to email is not a valid email, and I want to sent the email to the bcc?

I want to make it passthrough and sent it to the bcc even if the sent to email is not a valid email.

Untitled.png

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Ruru,

Before sending email you can validate your email address using EmailAddressValidate function.

If email is not valid simply pass blank as To email address. It will send email to all BCC in that case.

Hi Nikhil,

I'll try this one, thank you for your fast response!

Very much appreciated!

Hi Nikhil,

I just wanted to clarify, if the To email address is invalid, the email will also not sent under the Cc email and Bcc email even if the cc and bcc is a valid email , right?

AS. I go through this scenario first you need to check the TO is  Validate or that it valid then pass to mail and assign the valid email address to the TO point and cc and BCc as well

If the to email id is not valid then don't pass to the mail 

Bcoz as per my experience if TO is invalid still it will mail to BCc and cc

Thanks and regards,

Akshay Deshpande

so even without the validation of To email, and then the To email is invalid, email will still be sent to Bcc and Cc?

Yes. Until the TO,CC,BCC EMAIL IS blank, than it will not permit to send 

you need to set this type of validation as already said by nikhil. If mail validate then pass that or else pass to end side 

Still if you want create one simple scenario like wise and test your requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Thank you,

but for me its the other way around, the To email is invalid but still the email wont proceed to sent for the Bcc email.

EDITED:

Even if the To email is invalid , email would still be sent to bcc (if and only if the To email is blank and invalid)

Thanks again for all your responses!

AS. I go through this scenario first you need to check the TO is  Validate or that it valid then pass to mail and assign the valid email address to the TO point and cc and BCc as well

Thanks and regards,

Akshay Deshpande

you need to set this type of validation as already said by nikhil. If mail validate then pass that or else pass to end side 

Still if you want create one simple scenario like wise and test your requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Ruru,

Before sending email you can validate your email address using EmailAddressValidate function.

If email is not valid simply pass blank as To email address. It will send email to all BCC in that case.

Hi Nikhil,

I'll try this one, thank you for your fast response!

Very much appreciated!

Hi Nikhil,

I just wanted to clarify, if the To email address is invalid, the email will also not sent under the Cc email and Bcc email even if the cc and bcc is a valid email , right?

Thanks and regards,

Akshay Deshpande

so even without the validation of To email, and then the To email is invalid, email will still be sent to Bcc and Cc?

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

Thank you,

but for me its the other way around, the To email is invalid but still the email wont proceed to sent for the Bcc email.

EDITED:

Even if the To email is invalid , email would still be sent to bcc (if and only if the To email is blank and invalid)

Thanks again for all your responses!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.