One Record showing list of records

One Record showing list of records

Hello all,

I was catching up with ServiceStudio by looking at the template and I was wondering what if The costumer was of more Industries, could I have all the industries displayed in the single record at the CostumerShow page?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Kind Regards.
Hello Pedro,

To display more than one you always need a list so you can create your expression to display on the Edit Record (example: iterates the query with industries from the Customer and do a string like "Industry 1; Industry 2...") or you can do like the Contacts table record.

I hope that helps

Regards,
Hugo Pinheiro
Hi Hugo,

thanks for the answer.

So if I have a table of Costumers that can be of many industries and some industries can be of many types and if I want to display in a single record the costumer details with the industries and the types of industries I would have to to 3 different queries? One for the costumer, one for the industries (save the industries in a string) and finally a query for the type of industries (save the types like previously) ?? or is there any way with less queries?

Thanks for your help.
Hello Pedro,

Now I understand, so you want to list type of industries based on the selected before? For example the user choose Primary, and you want to display Farming, Mining and Logging for the types... Yes the best way is to use three different queries because of the multiple values that each one returns.

Regards
Hugo Pinheiro

Thanks for the feedback.

Kind Regards.

hello again,

I thought I had it but I am afraid I cannot accomplish what I was trying to do.

So if you choose to show the costumer I would like to display in the same page (with tabs perhaps) :
1- The costumer
2- All the Industries with all the types.

The #2 is where I found it difficult because I cannot display a List of records within a List of records. Actually I will have many industries to display and for each industry many types to display.

I managed to do it with a webblock the problem is when I want to edit the costumer I also want to edit the Industries and the Types and using the webblock I do not have access to the input fields from the Web Screen I want to edit.

Is there any way so I can show and edit?

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

Why you dont associate only the industries to the Customer? and the types to the industry; For example have two generic lists (Industries and Industry types to do the general management outside the customer show). Inside the Customer Show you can have a List Record to list all industries, and you have the option of add and remove, per row you can have an web block that per default show the industry types already associated to the industry (in this case you can have an edit option where you can use a popup to edit the customer industry types associated to the customer industry).

Note: In terms of data model you need to have two entities, one to save the associations between the Customer and Industry (CustomerIndustry) and another to save the associations between the CustomerIndustry and Industry Types (CustomerIndustryTypes).

I hope that helps

Best Regards,
Hugo Pinheiro
Hi again Hugo,

and thanks for all your support.

That's what I ended up doing. However I was thinking on having only one button to edit all the industries and types realated. It might be more complicated than having a buton per row to edit each industry at a time. Am I righ?

Thanks once more.
Hello Pedro,

The button per row is only to choose the Industry types per Industry. You dont edit the Industry inside the Customer Show, only add or remove it from the list.

Regards
Hugo Pinheiro
I got it now.

But what I really wanted was to show all the industries and types when I am showing the costumer at the same time.

I dont know if I've made myself clear.

Thanks.
Sorry now I understood, so the best solution for you really is to have a button to edit all as you say.

Regards
Hugo Pinheiro
Thanks for your time.

I really appreciated it.