[Data Grid Reactive] Select rows with checkbox and bulk select
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Reactive

Hello,

Is there any way to select the rows using a checkbox and that also has a bulk selection? 

I know this feature exists in traditional web and I've also seen in wijmo's demos that it's possible to have something similar. I just wanted to confirm that the component does not currently provide this functionality.

I'm referring to: https://www.grapecity.com/wijmo/demos/Grid/Selection/CheckboxSelection/react (without the "Grouped Data" option). Something like:

Giving a little more context about my use case, I need to show the data to the user, he can edit some fields and has to select which rows he wants to save/confirm. I know you can select rows by clicking on the row number but, in my opinion, the checkbox is more intuitive and user-friendly (especially for some types of users).

I've already thought of an alternative way to do this, which is using a specific checkbox column to mark the rows as selected, but I don't have the bulk select option, so it doesn't really fit my needs.

Is there any different way to achieve what I need? 

Is it possible to include this feature in one of the next versions of the component?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion/help/response.

Best regards,

André Dinis

We are also in need of this feature.
We are also trying to implement this feature but as of now not working quite well.
Would be great help if support shed some lights on workarounds or future release plan regarding  selection of row/rows with checkbox.

Hello @André Dinis and @Alam,

indeed there is this feature in the wijmo flexgrid.

We have been analyzing this feature and there is an impact in all the client actions:

• GetAllSelections
  • GetAllSelectionsData
  • GetSelectedRowsCount
  • GetSelectedRowsData
  • HasSelectedRows

Because the way wijmo flexgrid handles the selection is different if you are selecting clicking on rows or ranges and on the checkbox.

Can you describe the use case  of selection with several pages? Selecting with a checkbox could be mixed with row selection clicking the row header, or you could choose how to select a row?

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Hello @Bruno
We have created the selection checkbox with the following script.

It is displaying the selection checkbox and possible to select the rows.
The problem which we are facing is:
if we select with checkbox and also clicking on rows, the GetSelectedRowsData action is taking all the rows (SelectedRows+CheckedRows).
Please let me know if we can send the checked rows only with current version of DataGrid reactive?

As for our use case, we need to retrieve only the rows which are selected with checkbox.
So, in my opinion, it would be helpful if there is an action like GetChekcedRowsData, which will only take the checked rows.

Please let me know.
Thank you.

Regards,
Alam

Hello @Alam,

As soon as you add the checkbox selection to the grid, using the client actions that are being provided won't assure that you will get what you need.

You need to build your own action to retrieve the selection, so to get only the checked row using the checkbox you can use the JS function:

JSON.stringify(GridAPI.GridManager.GetGridById($parameters.GridId).provider.rows.filter((x) => {return x.isSelected}).map((y) => y.dataItem))

You can use the array in the result and deserialize to your data structure to get the lines that have been checked.

Please note that, in this case, when using the JSON Deserialize node, you would to select in the Data Type field - List of Record of Sample_Product.

Please keep in mind that this hasn't been tested for all possible use cases or that it cover all of your requirements, so we cannot assure that it will work for all use cases.

Please let us know if this helps.

Bruno Martinho

Hello @Bruno Martinho,

My use case is similar to what @Alam described: we want to select the rows with the checkbox and we want to be able to get the checked rows, so we would need a new client action for that.

As for the mixing of selection between the checkbox and the row header, it would be nice if we could choose how to select a row. However, if that's not possible, the selection could be mixed, as long as there is a client action that can get us only the checked rows (with the checkbox, ignoring the ones that were selected through the row header).

Best regards,

André Dinis

Hello @Bruno Martinho
Thank you for the help. For now, we have been able to achieve what we wanted with the way you suggested.
However, like me and `Mr. Andre mentioned, it would be great if there is a client action built into the DataGrid Reactive.
Thanks again.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.