[HighChartsComponent] Discussion

[HighChartsComponent] Discussion

Forge Component
(21)
Published on 30 Aug by J.
21 votes
Published on 30 Aug by J.
--- Wow!

Thanks a lot for the component - you rock!

I'm sure it'll be a huge hit for all charting apps to come :)

Keep up the great work.

Paulo Tavares
Paulo,

Yeah the biggest advantage is that this does not required FLASH to run ... so can be used for most of the mobuile platforms as well
iPhone, iPad, Android 

It is build up with structures for most of the elements, so can be easily adopted.
Furthermore check out the documentationand the demos on the site for more info

Regards,
Joop
Can you explain a little more about how to integrate this in a real existing project, like having a database full of information that would be useful to show as chart?
This app seems really awesome, hope you can help me.
Hello,

Currently im working on a 4.2 version of this component, i detected some inconsistencies..  on using the themes and how to make the graphs as visual appealing as they are on the original website demos.

I will post it as soon as im done.

Still great work, love this.

Check out the parameters.
It uses the series as datafeed for the chart.
This needs to be filled upfront.
Check out the demo page

Maybe in future a JSON feed or something similar can be build in.
It also uses 1 dimensional data. X-axis and Y-axis only have one level
Perhaps make the webblock public so the webblock can be referenced?
Are there instructions on implementing this web block in service studio? I've reviewed that documentation on the author's website, but am unsure of how to complete the required variables when adding the web block in service studio.
 Nick,

It's already in a webblock. I've tried to put in most of the paramaters.
If you need more or others, feel free to change or give me a mail and will try to adopt it.

Regards,
Joop
Hi Joop,

You did an excellent job in creating this component. What I meant is that I'm a bit confused as to how to fill in the parameters. (i.e. the syntax) Could you provide a sample parameter definition for this web block?

Thanks!
Hi Joop,

Can you see the charts when using IE? I'm trying it in IE8 and it just gives a javascript error.
In chrome everything is ok.

Cheers,
Hermínio Mira

hi
am getting in same problem..please did you fixed it ? using high chart with jquery older version..
waiting for your reply if you can help me
Hi All,

Been busy rewriting this for V6.0. Will post it asap.
Changed a lot of the parameters (not mandatory anymore, additional to set some addtional things like stacked bars)

Regarding problems in IE8 ... I can see the charts using v6.0
The problems I've encountered using highcharts with IE8 and older is about the mode of the page...

You need to have both the browser mode AND document mode in IE8

Regards,
PC
Is there maybe somebody who made a demo chart? my chart doesnt load at all!!
I'll provide a new version with a nice demo very soon.
Have to finish a project first :-)
Pedro Carvalho 

Did you build the 4.2 version yet? Could you share it?

Kind regards,
Matthias Preuter
As requested, it isn't the finished product as i dind't have the time to polish it, or to use it on the project it was intend to.

Still it's a perfect starting point.

ps: i will post next the resource file i used to upload the themes
As i mentioned before.
Thanks!
As anyone solved the javascript error in IE7 and IE8?
The error is the following: 
"SCRIPT16389: Failed 
highcharts.js, line 112 character 170"

Can someone please help? I really need this to work because after this error all javascript stays in error.
Patrícia Lopes wrote:
As anyone solved the javascript error in IE7 and IE8?
The error is the following: 
"SCRIPT16389: Failed 
highcharts.js, line 112 character 170"

Can someone please help? I really need this to work because after this error all javascript stays in error.

Problem solved, uploading a newer version of HighCharts (OutSystems v6) in a moment !!
It's not free of IPP...
Joop Stringer wrote:
Paulo,

Yeah the biggest advantage is that this does not required FLASH to run ... so can be used for most of the mobuile platforms as well
iPhone, iPad, Android 

It is build up with structures for most of the elements, so can be easily adopted.

Regards,
Joop

Joop can you please supply a version free of IPP, I would love to start playing with your component.
just go to http://www.outsystems.com/ipp and upload the xif
Joop Stringer wrote:
Paulo,

iPhone, iPad, Android 

Regards,
Joop
 Hi Joop, 

I tried publishing the original oml file provided by you to see the demo version. It is throughing some errors.  I have attached the error file along with this message. Please let me know what is the issue and help me to fix this. 

Thanks, 
Rajni

Hi Rajni,

Starting on version 8 of the platform, the High Charts are bundled in the system components, so you don't need to use this component.

Cheers,

RG
well,

How do we create custom charts that we cannot create via the webblocks provided?

Updated the version to 9.

Now also includes Highmaps.
and more examples.