Upload widget causes offline data sync
Question
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.11.8 (Build 45665)

I am using the Upload widget on mobile to allow the user to select aor take a photo.  When the user selects the image and clicks OK an offline data sync occurs.   Is this the way it should work?  How can I change it so does not happen?

Thank You

Solution

Hi Andrew,

The situation you are describing seems unusual, the upload widget shouldn't be causing an offline data sync unless the logic in its event handlers explicitly triggers it.

I would recommend double checking all of the logic flows that could be tied directly or indirectly to the upload widget (e.g. shared variables used in that flow that are also used to control syncing logic). If the problem persists, try uploading a sample OML of the application where you are encountering this problem so we can take a deeper look and help you figure out what may be causing this issue.

Solution

Hi Andrew,

As Francisco correctly said, upload widget doesn't cause offline sync by default.

I think on button click you have called TriggerOfflineDataSync client action or just check you offlineDataSyncConfigurations client action that you have place correct assignment for sync mechanism. Check if OnResume, background sync is enable or not. On background (offlineDataSyncConfigurations )sync make everything as False.

Please double check your logic

Dileep

Solution

Hi Andrew,

The situation you are describing seems unusual, the upload widget shouldn't be causing an offline data sync unless the logic in its event handlers explicitly triggers it.

I would recommend double checking all of the logic flows that could be tied directly or indirectly to the upload widget (e.g. shared variables used in that flow that are also used to control syncing logic). If the problem persists, try uploading a sample OML of the application where you are encountering this problem so we can take a deeper look and help you figure out what may be causing this issue.

Solution

Hi Andrew,

As Francisco correctly said, upload widget doesn't cause offline sync by default.

I think on button click you have called TriggerOfflineDataSync client action or just check you offlineDataSyncConfigurations client action that you have place correct assignment for sync mechanism. Check if OnResume, background sync is enable or not. On background (offlineDataSyncConfigurations )sync make everything as False.

Please double check your logic

Dileep

THANK YOU outsystems Gods Dileep and Francisco.  Turns out the the ok button is selected in widget it triggers an OnResume datasync.  Never would have thought of it, Thank you again

Andy

Glad to hear that it helped to solved your problems. Cheers..:)

It would be nice if you mark this as solution if these answers helped you to solved your problem to close this thread and this will help other if they are facing similar cases...:)

Dileep

Thank you again

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.