Creating relationship between local and referenced table

Creating relationship between local and referenced table

Hi all,

Given my level of knowledge (and ability!) I imagine this is going to be the first of many posts over the next week so bear with me :)

I've created an eSpace with references to a number or external MS Navision tables created in Integration Studio - all works great and I can list my external tables no problem.

One of my external tables contains a list of vendors however I wish to store an additional attribute against each vendor to represent the credit limit which isn't stored in Navision. What is the best way of achieving this?

You should be able to create a table with a reference to that table connecting the two (assuming the referenced table has an identifier attribute). Then whenever you need the extra information you can join the original table with yours (or vice versa if you need information from the original table).

In order to ensure that there is only one entry for each record on the original table, you can create a unique index on your table over the identifier attribute.

To ensure that you can safely delete records in the original table without triggering refrence constrainsts, you can change the "Delete Rule" property of your referencing attribute to "Delete" or "Ignore" instead of the default "Protect".

I hope this is what you're looking for.

Thanks for the post - hadn't created an identifier key in my external ref and hence couldn't link the related table!

Good to go.

Thanks for the help.