LDAP Synchronization with AD

LDAP Synchronization with AD

Hey,

I'm trying to synchronize my organization's AD with my OutSystems application through LDAP, but I have a problem:  LDAP_connectionUsername and LDAP_connectionPassword are required.

This fields are used to connect with AD (AD's username and  AD' password). 

Which is the correct value format for each field?

Best regard,

Nelson Pinto 
Hi Nelson,

Have you checked our "Using the LDAP extension with AD LDS" topic? It describes the username format, as well as some other specifics on the usage of the LDAP extension.

According to it, the username format should be domain\username , but check that thread further in case something more applies to your case.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
My question is:

How can I get user’s information from my company’s AD?

The topic describes how we can login in application through LDAP, not how get the information from all users.

So, do you have any sample espace that performs this behaviour?

Best Regards,

Nelson Pinto 
Hi Nelson,

Well, as far as I'm aware, there is no such sample eSpace. Still, your first question asked for the username and password's value format, and that was my answer.

Your new question, now, is how to get information from all users, if I understand correctly. That would seem to be a question about how to actually retrieve information from LDAP. LDAP information is retrieved through queries. In our LDAP extension, depending on the structure of your company's AD, you can retrieve such information using either the Property_GetList, Property_GetValues or Search action, providing the proper Path and remaining parameters, depending on the action.

You can learn more about LDAP queries, and their parameters, in this TechNet page.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares