[MSAL Plugin] where does the MSAL accounts stored in IOS and Android devices ?
Forge component by Walter Robins
Application Type
Mobile

Hi All

I am developing a mobile app which uses MSAL plugin for login into Microsoft Azure AD.

When a user signin into the application using his Android or IOS devices the account information is somehow captured. When the user uninstall the app and install it again when he tries to login, already logged in accounts are shown to the user. When the user selects one account it does not ask for the password to login

Question:

How does already logged in user accounts are shown to the user who has uninstalled the app and installed it again ? I wanted to know from where does this accounts information is pulled from ? Is it stored on the device or it gets pulled from Azure AD. Please help

Thanks

Saravana Kumar V

Hi Saravana,

Your first guess is correct - the MSAL plugin finds existing Microsoft accounts on the device using the device's authentication broker. The exact broker depends on the device and OS, but it's usually either the system's account manager, or the Microsoft Authenticator app if it's installed. So your MSAL-enabled app will recognize Microsoft accounts just like if you installed any other Microsoft app such as Outlook, Teams, or Office, signed in, and then installed another Microsoft app and it automatically knows who you are.

If you want to put more security around signing in and always require users to enter their password, then be sure to always call SignInInteractive, and pass Entities.LoginPrompt.LOGIN to the Prompt parameter.

I hope I've answered your question and have a great day!

Hi All

Since the user details are stored in IOS broker even when we uninstall and install the app the previously logged in accounts are shown. if one account is selected it logs in without asking password. we want the silent login functionality as well

Question:

Is there a way when the app uninstalls the broker deletes all the user accounts from the device ? please help

Thanks

Saravana Kumar V

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.