[Data Grid Reactive] I cannot save a blank in the date column.
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

I tried to change Date Column to blank, but I cannot.

(I use Data.Grid.Sample.Reactive-2.3.1_O11.oap)

How can I update the date column to blank?

1.Select CreatedOn column. 

2.Change to a Blank.

3.Return to the original value.(Can't insert a blank)

Best Regards,

Nakata

Hello Shohei Nakata,

I believe your question is related to this one - link.

The isRequired parameter from Wijmo is set to False for those types of columns. In order to revert this, you might need to use some Javascript.

The solution given on the other forum post is actually using a Subscribe event which is not needed since we added the OnInitialize to the Grid Block.

Can you try the following workaround:

1) Add a new client action as the handler of the OnInitialize event from the Grid Block.

2) Inside that new client action, add a JS Block with the following code:

GridAPI.GridManager.GetGridById($parameters.GridWidgetId).getColumn($parameters.ColumnWidgetId).provider.isRequired = false;

Please bear in mind that we didn't make all the necessary tests to ensure that it will work on all cases. We are continuously working to provide more API methods, so I suggest you keep tuned, as we intend to launch new APIs that might replace the previous code.

Best regards,

Tiago Pereira

It works!

thank you!

Additional information.

If I add a space, it reverts to the original.

I want to update with a blank space.

Hello Shohei Nakata,

I believe your question is related to this one - link.

The isRequired parameter from Wijmo is set to False for those types of columns. In order to revert this, you might need to use some Javascript.

The solution given on the other forum post is actually using a Subscribe event which is not needed since we added the OnInitialize to the Grid Block.

Can you try the following workaround:

1) Add a new client action as the handler of the OnInitialize event from the Grid Block.

2) Inside that new client action, add a JS Block with the following code:

GridAPI.GridManager.GetGridById($parameters.GridWidgetId).getColumn($parameters.ColumnWidgetId).provider.isRequired = false;

Please bear in mind that we didn't make all the necessary tests to ensure that it will work on all cases. We are continuously working to provide more API methods, so I suggest you keep tuned, as we intend to launch new APIs that might replace the previous code.

Best regards,

Tiago Pereira

It works!

thank you!

Thank you, Pereira.

I try it.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.