Inserting 0 value to Database column having datatype Numeric(1,0),null
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi All

I have an Entity XYZ having Attribute named as Result whose data type is integer. The same attribute value gets saved in sql server db with table named as XYZ having column Result with data type as numeric(1,0),null. I have a requirement to insert 0 in that column. If I pass any number apart from 0 like 1,2 from my outsystems web application it gets saved in sql db as the same value but if I pass 0 from my outsystems web application then it is saved as null. I need to save it as 0. Please suggest any solution for this. Do let me know if any further details required. Thanks in advance.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

How are you connecting to that external database? Via an integration created in Integration Studio? In that case, what is the setting regarding NULL values?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Vivek,

Are you storing data in an external database? I assume you do, since you specifiy the data type as "numeric(1,0),null", which is not something that OutSystems would allow or show. In that case, what kind of database is this, Oracle, MS SQL, something else?

Hi Kilian

Yes the data from my  outsystems web application get saved into external db that is SQl server

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

How are you connecting to that external database? Via an integration created in Integration Studio? In that case, what is the setting regarding NULL values?

Hi Kilian

Thanks for the suggestion. The setting was done in integration studio.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.