List all modified elements in application
Application Type
Traditional Web, Reactive

In service studio, when you click on a data action, or even a server action inside a flow, you can see who last modified that item and when. Is there a way to get a comprehensive list of everything that was modified in the last 24 hours? Working with a world-wide team, it is sometimes difficult to know what was touched while you were sleeping.

Solution

Hello Joseph,

From what I know it's not possible, just if you have a version where each one can put a commit message but that is not in the official versions and you cannot see the logs that each user logs about what they did. The other way is going version by version to see who changed what! :/

What I would do is create an idea on the community ideas, asking, to be able to export a list by each or by all users seeing what they changed or created on the application.  >>>This is just a plus - This could be available to managers or admins inside the company(only(maybe because of the importance to the manager or admin or supervisor and not to the developers))).

Kind Regards,

Márcio

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello Joseph,

Hope you're doing well.

I believe you're referring to list the modified elements of a module and not of an application :) 

Following Marcio's answer, I confirm that it is not possible.

The only way is indeed to compare your current version to the older versions and check if there are some changes. If so, you can verify them element by element.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Solution

Hello Joseph,

From what I know it's not possible, just if you have a version where each one can put a commit message but that is not in the official versions and you cannot see the logs that each user logs about what they did. The other way is going version by version to see who changed what! :/

What I would do is create an idea on the community ideas, asking, to be able to export a list by each or by all users seeing what they changed or created on the application.  >>>This is just a plus - This could be available to managers or admins inside the company(only(maybe because of the importance to the manager or admin or supervisor and not to the developers))).

Kind Regards,

Márcio

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello Joseph,

Hope you're doing well.

I believe you're referring to list the modified elements of a module and not of an application :) 

Following Marcio's answer, I confirm that it is not possible.

The only way is indeed to compare your current version to the older versions and check if there are some changes. If so, you can verify them element by element.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Thanks Rui and Márcio. Hope you are doing well, also.

"Never tell me the odds." Of course there is a way. The data exists, or Service Studio couldn't show you that information. There is no sanctioned way without looking through the Outsystems metadata tables. That much I can agree with. With a geographically spread team of many developers, the ability to tell what changed overnight without searching through every module and every webblock and every action, etc., would be of large benefit.

I'll post an idea and keep digging through those undocumented tables. 

Thanks!

Right now is not possible, of course, there is the data and you can list it, but until today no one raised that, and great that you did!

That's a good idea, it's good it can benefit those who want to see the big picture about the work done. I want to see that idea! :)

Kind Regards,

Márcio

I did do a little more digging around in the tables, and I can come up with a list of all modules changed, and who changed them, but I believe that when you do a merge check, Service Studio actually downloads the previous version OML binary and compares with your binary to show differences, so you are both likely correct that this cannot be done down to the element level with a database query. Those element level details about who last changed something appear to be in the OML file itself.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.