How want to create timer and send email at specific date?

Hi all,I want to sent an email to a particaluar employee on birthaday as a a "Happy Birthday".

So,How should I use the eamil and Timer in it?And how to match the current date and Dateofbirth?

Please share the sample .oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Pooja,

You can achieve that in a very simple manner:

1. Create a timer to run daily
  2. You query your customer table by the ones whose day and month of the birthdate matches the day and the month of the given date:

3. For each one of the records of the query, you send an email

4. On the email screen, you can define the content of your email

Kind Regards,
João

Hello Joao,

Your Filter (Customer.Birthdate = CurrDate()) will not work as the year of the Birthdate will be different from the curr date so it will not give the appropriate record.

The Filter should be Like :-

Month(Employee.BirthDate) = Month(CurrDate()) and Day(Employee.BirthDate) = Day(CurrDate())
mvp_badge
MVP

Yes, Pavan, you're absolutely right, I was completely aloof, thanks for the heads-up.

The condition should be Day(Customer.BirthDate) = Day(CurrDate()) and Month(Customer.BirthDate) = Month(CurrDate()).

I edited the screenshot above

Hello Pooja,

Please find the OML below you can set the daily time when you want to send the emails to the employees . 

Regards,

Pavan R

EmailSample.oml

Thanks it helps me

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Pooja,

You can achieve that in a very simple manner:

1. Create a timer to run daily
  2. You query your customer table by the ones whose day and month of the birthdate matches the day and the month of the given date:

3. For each one of the records of the query, you send an email

4. On the email screen, you can define the content of your email

Kind Regards,
João

Hello Joao,

Your Filter (Customer.Birthdate = CurrDate()) will not work as the year of the Birthdate will be different from the curr date so it will not give the appropriate record.

The Filter should be Like :-

Month(Employee.BirthDate) = Month(CurrDate()) and Day(Employee.BirthDate) = Day(CurrDate())
mvp_badge
MVP

Yes, Pavan, you're absolutely right, I was completely aloof, thanks for the heads-up.

The condition should be Day(Customer.BirthDate) = Day(CurrDate()) and Month(Customer.BirthDate) = Month(CurrDate()).

I edited the screenshot above

Hello Pooja,

Please find the OML below you can set the daily time when you want to send the emails to the employees . 

Regards,

Pavan R

EmailSample.oml

Thanks it helps me

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.