Form validation on 'Submit' button
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the Form Validation in Reactive Web. For the app I am building I have 2 forms that need to be completed before a user can submit the entire request. 

The stakeholders requested that there is 1 central submit button that users can click. On clicking the button there should be logic to check if the other 2 forms are completed. I tried using an IF statement with Form1.Valid and Form2.Valid. These values always come out as TRUE unless I click the form specific Save buttons first. 

How do I make my logic so that on clicking the submit button it will check the validity of Form1 and Form2?

Max

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Max,

can you share screen shot or code ,

because you net to built in validation yes on Button. and Is Form Default property is working when button inside the form.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Max,

For the mentioned use-case, you have to define a single Submit button with Buit-in validations set to Yes. In this case it will validate both/multiple form within the scope.

I hope this hepls you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Max,

can you share screen shot or code ,

because you net to built in validation yes on Button. and Is Form Default property is working when button inside the form.

Thanks guys! Setting the Built in Validations to Yes worked!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.