[Multiple File Upload] Discussion

[Multiple File Upload] Discussion

Forge Component
(31)
Published on 6 Sep by Robert Chanphakeo
31 votes
Published on 6 Sep by Robert Chanphakeo
Its possible in IE select multi files? In Chrome and Firefox i can select many files to add, but in IE i can only select one, using the button to add files.
Hello Hugo,

The multiple file upload really dont works for IE, is a browser limitation because when you hit the button dont let you select more than one file, need to check for an workaround.

Regards
Dear Hugo,
Can you direct me to a step by step tutorial on how to incorporate your MultipleFileUpload component into my app.

I would like to be able to have multiple files associated with my "Orders Entity". Where each Order could have multiple drawing files, sales documents and permits etc.

Thank You so much.

Mike
Hello Mike,

Step by Step Tutorial:
  1. Replace my TEMP_UPLOADED_FILE entity by ORDER_FILE and add a foreign key related to the type;
  2. Replace the TEMP_UPLOADED_FILE_BINARY entity by ORDE_FILE_BINARY;
  3. On the FileName_Fill_IE action create a new input parameter related to the type, on this action you will update the type.
I hope that helps
Hugo Pinheiro

Regards
I'm using this component in a project and I'm having some difficulties when I try to upload very small files... Let's say I drag-and-drop 10 or more icon files ( very small ones, 100 or 200 bytes)... from these 10 only 2 or 3 get to be uploaded.

Any thoughts on this?
Hello João,

I have tested and works fine for me, which browser you use?

Regards
Hugo Pinheiro
Hello Hugo,

I'm using FF 4.0.1... but I've slightly modified the extension to use other entities and do some other actions and probably something is not working like it should... I'll have to dig in deeper on this situation.

Regards.

«Edited»

Hi again!

I've identified a pattern that may be causing my problems... the action trigered by the FakeNotify in the MultipleFileUpload extension doesn't always run.

So sometimes what I get, for instance if I upload 4 files, is

1. ProcessFiles.aspx -> MyPage.aspx(Refresh action)
2. ProcessFiles.aspx
3. ProcessFiles.aspx
4. ProcessFiles.aspx

and only one file got processed, instead of

1. ProcessFiles.aspx -> MyPage.aspx(Refresh action)
2. ProcessFiles.aspx -> MyPage.aspx(Refresh action)
3. ProcessFiles.aspx -> MyPage.aspx(Refresh action)
4. ProcessFiles.aspx -> MyPage.aspx(Refresh action) .

Is there a way to know if a file is the last one on queue and then trigger an action?
Hello João,

Right now is not possible to know the last file uploaded but you can use the getQueue function to do what you want. For example:

/**
* Returns id of files being uploaded or
* waiting for their turn
*/
getQueue: function(){
return this._queue;
},
this._queue.length - This retrieves the queue length

_dequeue: function(id) - Take a look at this function to a better understanding on how to manipulate queues
I hope that helps
Hugo Pinheiro
hello...

i´m using the Multiple File Upload, and it work´s fine in FF and Chrome, but I really need this to work in Safari, is there any sugestion?

Regards
Roger
I have attempted to get this functionality running in a new application in several different ways without great success. Should I be refering to the objects in the sample app or should I copy and paste them into my new application. I can get the UI elements to display, but none of the Java scipt functionality is working for me.

Could you share step by step instructions to get this functionality working in a new app with Javascript 1.8.3?

Thanks,

----Erik
Hello Erik,

I will need to update the code to Javascript 1.8.3, in order to make it work properly with the new platform 9. I will do it during this week.

Best Regards,
Hugo Pinheiro
To repeat Erics post, "I have attempted to get this functionality running in a new application" a guide opn how ot connect the multi-upload widget to an existing app/table would be very helpful
Hi Hugo,

Can you please assist me on this.

I am trying to create a multiple document/file attachment module in my app.
However as I was trying to attach the document/file through the Open Window, only single file is being 
selected/chosen and being attached.

I have been researching on ways to resolve this and it is getting a little frustrating.
Hope you can share me a sample application to do this.

thanks 
dennis
Hi dennis

Have been testing the Multiple upload through the Open Window and it works like it is intended, the user needs to select multiple files either by crtl+click on the files to select or shift+click.

Tested on Fire Fox , Chrome and IE
Hi Bruno, Hugo,

I don't think that it will work through Upload Tool of Outsystems. I am trying to select multiple files within the Open Window however only one file is allowed to be selected.
Now, we have downloaded an opensource tool (Multiple File Upload application) and we are trying to reference this application within the application that we are developing. However, publishing of the Multiple File Upload app is being required and we are now prevented in publishing. It seems that there are dependencies  within the Multiple File Upload app that are missing.

I have attached the screen shot of the issue I have encountered.

Can you please help me on this.

Thanks.
Dennis
Hi dennis,

Did you install the full Multiple File Upload on your Environment? (downloaded the *.oap and installed manualy from service studio as an outsystems aplication pack)

There is an extension module inside the aplication that it is required for the MultiFileUpload to work, and from the attachment it looks like it's not installed.
Also that extension module can only be instaled on a .net stack.

Hi Bruno,

Yes. However, I have encountered a problem upon installation.
 "Invalid Extension Implementation: Unable to find the assembly file 'outsystems.nosmultiplefileupload_extension.jar' in the extension.
(Error) Publishing Application: Error publishing Application extensions
(Error) Done: No modules were published."

Although there had been a problem, I was still able to install this in my environment.
When I tried to add references of the Multiple-app, the MultipleFile_Upload Extension module
needs to be refreshed/published. 
To publish the extension, I had to compile it through the integration studio. 
I was able to compile it within the Integration Studio, however, an error in publishing occurred.
Extension 'Application Server Type' property (.NET) does not match OutSystems Platform application server (J2EE).

I am using a J2EE environment while the app was made under .NET. Is there a way I can run the app 
in J2EE? Or any conversions?

Thanks again.
dennis

Hi Bruno,

I have managed to include this within my aspp but need to be able to associate with Ids from other records ie CategoryId and ApplicationFormId. I did thibnk I could just pass paramaters in to the ProcessFiles form but there appears to be no way of assigning values to those parameters. Can you help please?
Debra
@Dennis  
I'm sorry for the late reply
The extension that is giving you issue needs to be ported to a java stack since it currently is only for .Net.

@Debra To accomplish your needs you will need to change the initialization script of the component and the component Itself.
Adding new input parameters to the component and to the parameters section of the initialization script.
Hi Bruno,

I think I have done what you suggest but it is still not working.

I have attached a document with screenshots etc in to show you what I have changed to try and pass parameters through.

Can you help please as this is a real requirement for an external client of ours?

Debra
Hi Bruno,

Do you have any idea on how can we port this application from .Net to Java Stack? You may have a sample implementation of .Net that was ported to Java Stack that you can share with me. 
I really appreciate your assistance on this.

Many Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Bruno. we've got this module working successfully apart from one element - how do we handle/consume the response from the upload page?  i.e. the content of ConvertToOutput.BinaryData that's set as the download content

(we've got file extension and max size validation in place that means some files won't be saved and we want to feed back to the user why)

Cheers, Jason
Bruno Henriques wrote:
@Dennis  
I'm sorry for the late reply
The extension that is giving you issue needs to be ported to a java stack since it currently is only for .Net.

Hi Bruno,

Do you have any idea on how can we port this application from .Net to Java Stack? You may have a sample implementation of .Net that was ported to Java Stack that you can share with me. 
I really appreciate your assistance on this.

Many Thanks,
Dennis

@Debra To accomplish your needs you will need to change the initialization script of the component and the component Itself.
Adding new input parameters to the component and to the parameters section of the initialization script.