Can we setup application specific email configuration in Outsystems environment?
Application Type
Traditional Web, Mobile, Reactive, Service

I only see an option to configure email on each environment level. I can understand single SMTP servers for all applications in an environment should suffice but the problem is with the option to set Redirect Emails To Test List for each application. This is I think a required feature when multiple teams working on a same Dev environment. Can anyone suggest is there any out of the box settings to do it.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

I'm afraid there is not one out-of-the-box solution for that.

Nonetheless, your pain is also shared among other members of the community who liked this idea, which you can leave your "Like" to help putting a bit more spotlight on it. Its status is "on OutSystems radar", so it should have caught OutSystems attention.

Kind Regards,
João

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Biswajit,

Indeed, setting a test email list for development environments is a good practice to avoid leaking emails from those environments to the outside world and that's also true that it is an environment-wide configuration.

An option to bring this test list to an application granularity is to define a site property with the email test per application and use it on your code on the recipients of the email on each application. In this case, you would be able to have different test email list / site property per application to be able to make the distinction of the recipients according to the application

Kind Regards,
João

Thanks Joao. Yes we can have our own logic in each application but just wanted to check if any out of the box feature exist or not.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

I'm afraid there is not one out-of-the-box solution for that.

Nonetheless, your pain is also shared among other members of the community who liked this idea, which you can leave your "Like" to help putting a bit more spotlight on it. Its status is "on OutSystems radar", so it should have caught OutSystems attention.

Kind Regards,
João

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Biswajit,

What @João Marques stated is correct. There is no out-of-the-box solution feature to redirect emails per application.

Just want to point out there is a Forge component developed by an OutSystems MVP called Email Extended that offers the creation of email redirect lists per application/module.

You can read more about the component here.

Kind regards,

Nordin

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.