[OfficeUtils] Error downloaded Word and Excel File using OfficeUtils
Forge component by Bruno Gonçalves
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi, Why when I download the data to Excel and Word using OfficeUtils it's always got the notification of unreadable content or need to be repaired. But after I click repair it shows normal and nothing change I think. How to get rid that error?

Hello Jason,

I hope this reference link will help  you out.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/61346/download-excel-file/

Kind Regards,

Ajit Kurane.

Hi, I already change the Mime-Type and still got problem with the content.

Hi,

Use the below mime type try again

MIME : application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet

Regards,

Shahaji

Still got the error. By the way thankyou for your answer..
Can anyone give me another solution?

I use Mime type "application/octet-stream"  in downloads.

Works for me all the time.

Regards

Huub

Do you have a problem when generate file with office utils then download it? Why my downloaded file always got corrupted like that but there is nothing repair log show what's wrong...

Hello @Jason30 

Could you please share screenshots of the logic if possible that address the following areas:

1. Is there one or more formulae being used in the content of the file? If yes, could you replace them with some plain text and check?
2. Is there one or more fields in the excel where perhaps Text values exist where numeric values are expected?
3. Are you using the Template format sheet for creating the excel content?

Regards,

AJ

Hello @AJ. thankyou for the answer

1. Even when I just used the excel export set template and generate result in unreadable content
2. Just using template and generate file made an unreadable content in excel
3. Yeah i'm using my own template

Here's my flow

@AJ. Hello AJ, this is my template. Thankyou

Template.LPR.xlsx

Hello @Jason30 

Using your template and creating the exact same flow, I am able to download the excel file and open it without issues. 

1. What is the excel version installed on your machine? For e.g. I used Excel 2013 to open the dowloaded file. I have also opened the file successfully using Office 365 Excel app.

2. I have attached my oml. Please run the application and click on the 'OK' button to download and open the excel file. Let me know if you still get the error.

Regards

AJ

OfficeUtilsDemoAJ.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.