Platform Server DNS Name

Platform Server DNS Name

On the Service Center, Server Configuration page, it shows that the Server Name is "Platform Server". On the next line, it asks for the Default DNS Name. I don't know what to put in that field.

Agile Platform is installed on my local PC, which should be "localhost". The code for my application is in "C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server". Is either of these the Default DNS Name?

Typing "localhost" in the address bar of the browser takes me to inetpub\wwwroot, which doesn't have anything for Agile Platform. Typing "C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server" in the address bar of the browser takes me to where my code is.

Thank you.
Hi jim,

The Server Name property is simply the name that is displayed in service center so that you can clearly distinguish between several server in your infrastructure easily.

The Default DNS property  is the domain name that your users use to access your server in the brownser (EG. if your users access your applications in, the Default DNS would be This property is needed in some situations where complete URLs have to be generated for your users to access your applications (for example, URLs in email messages).

As you have your application in your computer (and it is accessed by yourself with the localhost domain name), the correct value for Default DNS property is localhost.

Kind regards,

Daniel Lourenço
Thank you for the explanation, Daniel. That helps.