Environment App/Module Versions and Dependencies

In our production environment, I have App A, which consumes services in App B version 1.0.

If a developer modifies App B and publishes it to production, creating App B Version 1.1, does App A still use the old version of App B's code from 1.0?  Or is it automatically recompiled to use App B version 1.1 on deployment of App B?

We've gone through a few experiments to try to understand how the platform manages dependencies, but if anyone has a link to a thorough explanation of dependency versioning, I'd much appreciate it.

Hi Jim,

check if this what you're looking for https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Deploy_Applications/Deploy_an_Application_with_Dependencies#Understand_the_Dependencies

If I'm not wrong, when you add the app B version 1.1 the Lifetime will detect the apps that are consuming this module and will associate to be refreshed when you deploy.

If detect that the version is incompatible  with the consumer version in the target environment, it will associate the consumer version you have on source env. to be deployed together with the app B version 1.1.

Best regards

Carlos Lessa

Hi,

Just a quick note: If you're working based in microservices architecture probably (if app B don't have any changes in the input/output schema for the exposed services and data models) nothing need to be refreshed (even by LifeTime, the best way to deploy applications from one enviroment to another) because the references are considered "Weak".

Hope this can give a little more "wide view" about this subject.

Best regards,

Ricardo Pereira

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.